Ninh Binh is a province in Northern Vietnam known for its stunning natural landscapes, historical sites, and rural charm. Often referred to as “Halong Bay on land,” Ninh Binh offers a unique and captivating experience. Here’s what you should know about Ninh Binh:
1. Tam Coc: Tam Coc is a highlight of Ninh Binh and is often called the “Halong Bay on land.” It features limestone karsts rising dramatically from rice paddies and winding rivers. Take a boat ride along the Ngo Dong River, passing through caves and marveling at the breathtaking scenery. This tranquil and picturesque landscape is a must-visit in Ninh Binh.
2. Trang An Landscape Complex: Another UNESCO World Heritage Site in Ninh Binh, the Trang An Landscape Complex is a scenic area renowned for its karst formations, caves, and river systems. Take a boat tour through the complex, passing under limestone arches and exploring mystical caves. The area is dotted with ancient temples and pagodas, adding cultural and historical significance.
3. Hoa Lu Ancient Capital: Ninh Binh was once the capital of Vietnam during the Dinh and early Le dynasties. Explore the ancient capital of Hoa Lu to discover its historical significance. Visit the temples dedicated to the Dinh and Le kings and learn about Vietnam’s feudal history.
4. Bai Dinh Pagoda: Bai Dinh Pagoda is one of the largest Buddhist complexes in Vietnam and a significant spiritual site. It features a massive complex of temples, statues, and pagodas set against a backdrop of lush greenery. Explore the vast grounds and admire the intricate architecture and peaceful atmosphere.
5. Cuc Phuong National Park: Located near Ninh Binh, Cuc Phuong National Park is Vietnam’s oldest national park and a biodiversity hotspot. It’s home to diverse plant and animal species, including rare primates like the Delacour’s langur. Explore the park’s trails, visit the Endangered Primate Rescue Center, and immerse yourself in the beauty of nature.
6. Bich Dong Pagoda: Bich Dong Pagoda is a unique and picturesque pagoda complex built into a mountainside. Climb up the stone steps, passing through three different pagodas, and enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. The site is known for its tranquil atmosphere and beautiful scenery.
7. Rural Life and Cycling: Ninh Binh offers opportunities to experience the authentic rural life of Vietnam. Rent a bicycle and pedal through the countryside, passing through rice fields, charming villages, and interacting with friendly locals. This allows you to immerse yourself in the peaceful and idyllic rural landscapes of Ninh Binh.
Ninh Binh offers a serene and captivating experience with its stunning landscapes, historical sites, and cultural richness. It’s a great destination for nature lovers, history enthusiasts, and those seeking a tranquil escape from the bustling cities.